Gradually, the world has been changing into a completely technology-based society where manpower is less used. The development of technology has a significant impact on society in both good and bad ways. But, if we rather focus on a good way, there is plenty to talk about. Android is one of the most outstanding operating systems. However, to make your Android device perform better, you can use Android Debug Bridge (ADB). You can install and download ADB on Windows, Linux, and Mac devices. But, today we intend to discuss how to install ADB Windows.
Through this article, you can easily learn what is ADB including its installation process. This latest tool will be great news for Android users who are still lamenting about not having any system modifications on their phones. So, to know better about this amazing tool, please continue your reading.
What is Android Debug Bridge for Windows?
If you are hearing first time about Android Debug Bridge, this article would be a great advantage. So many people have no idea what Android Debug Bridge is. ADB is a versatile command-line tool that lets you communicate with a device. You can get any smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, etc. that runs the Android operating system to use ADB.
However, before installing ADB on any device, you have to unlock and enable some features. First, you have to unlock Developer Options. Second, you have to enable USB Debugging Mode. Also, you have to authorize USB Debugging access to the PC that you are connected with a USB cable.
Android Debug Bridge is a client-server program that includes the following three components.
- Client – It sends commands. This runs on the development machine. By issuing an ADB command, you can invoke a client from a command line.
- Daemon – This runs commands on a device, It runs as a background process on each device.
- Server – It manages the communication between the client and the daemon. This runs as a background process on your development device.
As ADB is supported by the Windows operating system, let’s learn how to install ADB Windows on your Windows computer. But, before that let’s get to know the advantages of ADB download Windows.
What are the benefits of ADB Download Windows?
With ADB Download Windows, you can achieve many benefits that are best for developing your Android device.
- You can root your phone with ADB Download Windows. This is the most common and basic function of ADB.
- You can install applications on your Android that are not available on Google Play Store. If an application is not allowed in your region or deleted from the Play Store, the ADB command will simply allow you to install any APK files.
- Also, with ADB, you can quickly send or receive files between the two connected devices.
- ADB will help you to install a ROM on your computer. It is very efficient when running low external sd memory.
What are the supported Windows versions?
Many people think that ADB Download Windows is supported only for older versions of Windows. But the truth is, it supports both older and latest versions of Windows.
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
So, install ADB Windows on your Windows computer and enjoy its latest features. However, before learning how to install ADB Windows, there are some needy things that you have to allow and change on your Android smartphone or tablet. These changes will help you to accept the ADB commands.
Phone Setup to Install ADB Windows
- First, launch the Settings application on your phone.
- Then, tap the About phone option generally near the bottom of the list. You can easily find the setting options from the Settings search bar.
- Next, tap the build number option 7 times to enable Developer Mode. Soon after, you will see a toast message when it is done.
- Now, go back to the “System Settings” and you will see a new option named “Developer Options”.
- After that, go in there and enable the “USB Debugging” option.
After allowing these options, you have to follow up on the particular instructions on your computer.
How to Install ADB Windows on your computer?
To install ADB on Windows 10, you have to follow up the below guidelines accordingly. This downloading step guide will help you to install ADB Windows easily on your Windows computer.
- First and foremost, download ADB Driver Windows 10 ZIP file on your computer.
- Then, extract the ZIP file contents to an easily accessible folder (ex: C:\ADB).
- Next, open Windows Explorer and browse where ZIP file contents are extracted.
- Now, open up a Command Prompt from the directory of this ADB binary. This can easily be done by clicking the “Open command prompt here” holding the Shift Key and Right-Click in the folder. Windows 11 users, should see “Open in Terminal” in the right-click context menu. They do not need even to press the Shift Key on the keyboard.
- After that, connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer using the USB cable. Change the USB mode to “File Transfer” mode. However, some OEMs may or may not require this. But, it is better to leave it in this mode.
- Now, to launch the ADB daemon, enter the following command in the Command Prompt Window: ADB devices
- Now, a prompt to allow or deny USB Debugging access will appear on your phone’s screen. Generally, you have to grant USB Debugging access when prompted. So, tap the always allow check box if you never want to see that prompt again.
- Finally, re-enter the ADB devices command. If the process is successful, you will see your device serial number in the command prompt.
Here we go…. Now, you can run any ADB command on your device. It is time to modify your phone. By following up the above guidelines, you can easily install ADB Windows on your Windows computer. The above-step guide is well-detailed as you can easily understand the steps without any issues.
When using a mobile device, you will come across several system and technical issues. If you are an Android user, now you can easily resolve all of your issues using the ADB download Windows. It is easy to download and install ADB on Windows. For, Android users, this is a great opportunity to pursue. So guys, do not be late. Enjoy this amazing tool and witness the modifications on your Android smartphone.