Whilst you may not know Dan Laustsen’s identify, you’ve positively seen his work. Because the cinematographer on movies like Mimic, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Crimson Peak, The Form of Water, John Wick: Chapter 2, and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (simply to call just a few), Laustsen has proven a terrific eye behind the digicam, serving to many filmmakers convey their imaginative and prescient to life. With Laustsen’s newest work, Nightmare Alley, now taking part in in theaters, I not too long ago performed an prolonged interview with him about making the movie noir with Guillermo del Toro, which can be on-line later this week. Nevertheless, to tease the upcoming dialog, right here’s a chunk of that interview with Laustsen about engaged on the John Wick movies with director Chad Stahelski and their upcoming collaboration on the fourth John Wick movie.
John Wick 4 wrapped filming final month, but Lionsgate has pushed the discharge date again to March 24, 2023. Whereas not a lot is understood in regards to the story, we do know that John Wick 4 can be a global affair. We beforehand revealed that Wick’s subsequent movie will take the expert murderer to Berlin and Paris, in addition to New York Metropolis and Japan.
John Wick 4 will even see the return of Ian McShane’s Winston and Lance Reddick’s Charon. Shamier Anderson, Invoice Skarsgård, Hiroyuki Sanada, Scott Adkins, and Clancy Brown have all been added to the solid. Martial arts legend Donnie Yen will even be taking part in the character Caine, described as an previous buddy of Wick who share the identical enemies because the titular murderer. Yen beforehand informed us making John Wick 4 and dealing with Reeves has been his favourite expertise in Hollywood.
Throughout my interview with Laustsen, he talked about how he first obtained concerned in John Wick how Stahelski informed him we wished to shoot John Wick: Chapter 2 like a Bernardo Bertolucci film, however with a number of motion, what it was like filming 18 weeks of night time shoots on John Wick 4, and what that meant for the solid and crew, why he shoots John Wick with huge angle lenses, how a lot work went into determining learn how to movie the massive motorbike chase in John Wick: Chapter 3, how the fourth movie will open up the world of John Wick, why he loves working with each Reeves and Yen, and extra.
When you’re a fan of the John Wick motion pictures and need to hear what it’s like behind-the-scenes attempting to convey these movies to life, push play on the video above. I’ve additionally listed out precisely what Dan Laustsen talks about under. Search for my full interview with Laustsen on Friday.
- What has it been like working with Chad Stahelski on the John Wick motion pictures?
- How he obtained concerned within the movies.
- How Stahelski informed him he wished to shoot John Wick 2 like a Bertolucci film with numerous motion.
- Why he desires to shoot the scenes huge so you’ll be able to actually see Reeves doing his personal motion.
- How they shot 18 weeks of night time shoots on John Wick 4 and what that actually means.
- What can he tease about what they wished to do whereas filming in Berlin and Paris?
- The challenges of filming in Europe.
- How the 4th movie will open up the John Wick world.
- What’s it like engaged on the massive motion set items that folks love?
- What it was like attempting to movie the massive motorbike chase on the bridge in John Wick 3.
- How John Wick 4 has a restricted second unit in comparison with John Wick 3.
- What was it like working with Donnie Yen on John Wick 4?
Griffith additionally discusses the motivation behind Terry’s Season 4 selections.
About The Creator